The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.0
Location or High School: Northeast Ohio*
Field of Study: N/A
Deadline: March 15th, 2023
Application Type: General App
Wilma A. Chapman Scholarship Fund
Purpose: This scholarship fund was established to enhance scholarship opportunities for persons with mental challenges who aspire and have the potential to succeed in undertaking college/university course work at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
• Northeast Ohio resident*
• Enrolled or enrolling in an accredited, non-profit institution at the undergraduate or graduate level
• Minimum 2.0 GPA
• Diagnosed with a mental illness in one of the following categories: schizophrenia, mood disorders, or anxiety disorders
• Have your treating physician’s endorsement indicating your potential to succeed in undertaking college/university course work
• Scholarship-specific short answer question
• Household income of less than $100,000
*Northeast Ohio includes the following counties: Ashland, Ashtabula, Carroll, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, and Wayne.
Application Method: Submit a Cleveland Foundation Scholarships General Application here.
Selection Process: Scholarship award decisions will be based on the completed application and the following criteria: a) evidence of commitment, b) ability to benefit, and c) compatibility of course work to career path.
Award Info: The annual award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund and the number of applicants recommended for award. Past awards have for $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by College Now to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded for part-time)
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
Renewal: Scholarship has historically been renewable for a maximum of 2 years, provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available.