The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.0
Location or High School: Edgewood High School (Ashtabula, OH)
Field of Study: Medicine (preference)
Deadline: March 31, 2024 at 7 p.m. EDT
Application Type: Other
The Renee Drefahl Spirit of Life Scholarship
Purpose: This scholarship, established in 2011, gives an annual award toward post-secondary education to a member of the graduating class of Edgewood High School in Ashtabula, Ohio. The purpose of the scholarship is to advance the skills, learning, and life chances of deserving young people and to inspire them to pay it forward in service to others.
• Minimum 2.0 GPA
• Graduating senior from Edgewood High School
• U.S. citizen or legal resident
• Enrolling/enrolled full-time at an accredited nonprofit educational institution
• Demonstrated commitment to helping others
• Preference for those pursuing coursework in the medical field
Application Method: Submit a Renee Drefahl Scholarship Application here.
Selection Process: Selection decisions will be based on eligibility and completed application requirements with regard to the stated purpose and desired criteria for award of this scholarship.
Award Info: The award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Past awards have been for $1,000. Award will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
3. Submit a 250-500 word essay update focusing on key successes in college, significant college and community volunteer activities and updates on educational and career plans
Renewal: Scholarship is renewable for up to 4 years of support.