The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.5
Location or High School: N/A
Field of Study: Biomedical or electronic engineering
Deadline: March 13, 2024 @ 7 p.m. EDT
Application Type: General App
Terry M. Speth Service Professional Memorial Scholarship
Purpose: This scholarship fund was established in 2009 by the family and friends of Terry Speth, a committed diagnostic imaging professional, entrepreneur, and educator in the field of diagnostic imaging. The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to students pursuing a career in diagnostic imaging. Ideal applicants are those enrolled in a biomedical or electronic engineering school or course of study, or who have biomedical or electronic engineering work experience and are committed to pursuing a career in diagnostic imaging.
• Enrolled in an accredited nonprofit educational institution
• Completing coursework with the goal of working in one of the following fields: radiography, sonography, electroneurodiagnostics or medical/biomedical imaging
• Minimum 2.5 GPA
• Preference for students who are enrolled in a biomedical or electronic engineering school or have biomedical or electronic engineering work experience
Application Method: Submit a Cleveland Foundation Scholarships General Application here.
Selection Process: Selection decisions will be based on the completed application, ability to benefit, motivation, academic merit, and financial need. Preference will be given to applicants who are members of a biomedical or medical society and who demonstrate financial need.
Award Info: The annual award amount will be based on the earnings of the fund and the number of applicants recommended for award. Past awards have been for a minimum of $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by College Now to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded for part-time)
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
Renewal: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.