The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.5 unweighted
Location or High School: Cleveland and or inner ring suburbs
Field of Study: N/A
Deadline: March 15th, 2023
Application Type: General App
Reverend A. William Jamerson Memorial Scholarship
Purpose: Former members of Greater Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church established the Reverend A. William Jamerson Memorial Scholarship Fund in memory of its founding pastor, the late Rev. A. William Jamerson. The award provides scholarship support for active church members who reside in the city of Cleveland or an inner-ring suburb who plan to enroll in an accredited college or university in pursuit of higher education.
• Resident of Cleveland or one of the following inner-ring suburbs: Bedford, Bedford Heights, Brook Park, Brooklyn, Brooklyn Heights, Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga Heights, East Cleveland, Euclid, Fairview Park, Garfield Heights, Lakewood, Linndale, Maple Heights, Newburgh Heights, Parma, Parma Heights, Shaker Heights, South Euclid, University Heights, and Warrensville Heights
• Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Enrolled or enrolling full-time at an accredited non-profit educational institution
• Active church member
Application Method: Submit a Cleveland Foundation Scholarships General Application here.
Selection Process: A selection committee, including former members of Greater Zion Missionary Hill Baptist Church, will select scholarship award recipients and establish final award amounts based on the completed application and the following criteria: moral character, financial need, evidence of self-help, and special skills and interests.
Award Info: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Awards will be for a minimum of $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by College Now to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
Renewal: Scholarship is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.