The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.5 unweighted
Location or High School: Ohio
Field of Study: N/A
Deadline: March 13, 2024 @ 7 p.m. EDT
Application Type: General App
McNeil Scholarship Fund
Purpose: The McNeil Scholarship Fund exists to provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors from Cleveland and schools in Cleveland’s inner-ring suburbs who will be attending a qualified educational institution, with preference given to applicants from Shaw High School and applicants who are related to members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
• Graduating high school senior from a Cleveland Metropolitan School District or a school in one of the following inner-ring suburbs: Bedford, Bedford Heights, Brook Park, Brooklyn, Brooklyn Heights, Cleveland Heights, Cuyahoga Heights, East Cleveland, Euclid, Fairview Park, Garfield Heights, Lakewood, Lindale, Maple Heights, Newburgh Heights, Parma, Parma Heights, Shaker Heights, South Euclid, University Heights and Warrensville Heights.
• Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Enrolling full-time at an accredited nonprofit educational institution
• Financial need
• Community involvement
• Preference given to applicants from Shaw High School and applicants who are related to members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Three total recommendation letters from the following sources (one each): principal/teacher, church pastor/minister, and member of a community service/nonprofit organization with which the applicant is involved.
Application Method: Submit a Cleveland Foundation Scholarships General Application here.
Selection Process: Selection decisions will be based on eligibility and completed application requirements with regard to the stated purpose and desired criteria for award of this scholarship.
Award Info: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Past awards have been for $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by College Now to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
Renewal: Scholarship is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.