The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.5 unweighted
Location or High School: Ohio
Field of Study: N/A
Deadline: March 15th, 2023
Application Type: General App
McKinney Family Fund Scholarship
Purpose: The McKinney Family Fund was established to advance education by providing scholarships to graduating high school seniors and/or graduate students seeking post-secondary education to reach their fullest potential.
• High school senior or graduate
• Resident of Ohio for a minimum of 2 years
• Minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Enrolled or enrolling at an accredited non-profit college or university in pursuit of an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree
• Preference given to African American applicants, Hispanic applicants, and those living in Greater Cleveland
Application Method: Submit a Cleveland Foundation Scholarships General Application here.
Selection Process: A selection committee will base its scholarship decisions on the completed application and evidence of sincerity toward obtaining an academic credential. Financial need will be used as a tiebreaker.
Award Info: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Formal notification of award will be made by College Now to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status (unless awarded for part-time)
2. Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
Renewal: Scholarship has historically been renewable for a maximum of 4 total years, provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available.