The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.75 unweighted
Location or High School: Glenville High School or Ginn Academy
Field of Study: N/A
Deadline: March 15th, 2023
Application Type: General App
Diane O. McDaniel Scholarship
Purpose: This scholarship was established in 2007 by Diane O. McDaniel, who was a human resources executive from Cleveland, Ohio. The scholarship is a reflection of her appreciation for the extremely valued Cleveland Public School education she received while attending Glenville High School, and her dedication to the education and development of Cleveland’s young people.
• Graduating high school senior from Glenville High School or Ginn Academy
• Enrolled or enrolling full-time in an accredited non-profit two- or four-year college or university
• 2.75 minimum GPA on a 4.0 grade scale
• Financial need
• Additional Requirement: Applicants must submit a brief (no more than 1-page, double-spaced) essay that includes a statement of your career goals, how you plan to accomplish your career goals, how this scholarship will help you achieve your goals and why continuing education is important to you.
Application Method: Submit a Cleveland Foundation Scholarships General Application here.
Selection Process: Selection decisions will be based on eligibility and completed application requirements with regard to the stated purpose and desired criteria for award of this scholarship. Leadership and community involvement will be considered.
Award Info: The award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Awards will be for a minimum of $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by College Now to the selected recipient(s). Award will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
Renewal: Scholarship is not renewable, but students may reapply.