The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.5
Location or High School: Cleveland's 4th police district
Field of Study: N/A
Deadline: March 13, 2024 at 7 p.m. EDT
Application Type: General App
Derek Owens Memorial Scholarship
Purpose: Derek Owens served with the Cleveland Police Department for 10 years and was not only committed to law enforcement in the City of Cleveland, but also to community service and personal outreach. This scholarship commemorates his life by enhancing opportunities for higher education for graduating high school seniors in the City of Cleveland’s 4th District. This one-time award aims to assist young people develop into leaders of their families and communities.
• Graduating high school senior or recent graduate (within the past 12 months)
• Resident of the 4th district of the Cleveland Police Department (see map here)
• Enrolling or enrolled full-time at an accredited non-profit college or university
• 2.5 minimum GPA
• A topic-specific essay answering the question: What would you do to improve the City of Cleveland or enhance the lives of Cleveland residents?
Application Method: Submit a Cleveland Foundation Scholarships General Application here.
Selection Process: A selection committee will base its decisions on the completed application and requirements with consideration to academic merit, financial need and commitment to community service.
Award Info: The annual award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Awards will be for a minimum of $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by College Now to the selected recipient(s). Award will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status
2. Email a grade report to the scholarship team for each term
Renewal: This is a one-time award and may not be renewed for subsequent years.