The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 2.0
Location or High School: Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, or Geauga County
Field of Study: N/A
Deadline: March 15th, 2023
Application Type: General App
Charles D. Whitmer Fund Scholarship
Purpose: The Charles D. Whitmer Fund Scholarship is an award that exists to help persons with an entrepreneurial spirit, at any age, attend – on a full-time basis – an accredited non-profit four-year college or university.
• Resident of Cuyahoga, Lorain, Lake, or Geauga county
• Enrolled or planning to enroll full-time at an accredited non-profit four-year college or university
• Minimum 2.0 GPA
• Willingness to work, save, and pay for a portion of your educational expenses
• Preference will be given to ROTC program cadets whose service leads to a commission in the United States armed forces.
Application Method: Submit a Cleveland Foundation Scholarships General Application here.
Selection Process: Applicants should demonstrate self-motivation, self-help, initiative, good work ethic, and generally embody the entrepreneurial spirit.
Award Info: The award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Previous awards have been for $1,000. Formal notification of award will be made by College Now to the selected recipient(s). Awards will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
Renewal: Scholarship is non-renewable, but recipients may reapply each year, for a maximum of 4 total years of support.