The Cleveland Foundation Scholarships
Managed by College Now Greater Cleveland
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Location or High School: Brush High School
Field of Study: N/A
Application Type: External
Carolyn E. Gordon Teachers' Fund
Purpose: To provide scholarship support for African American graduating seniors from Brush High School, with preference given to students entering the field of education majoring in English Language Arts. Selection decisions are based on academic achievement, community involvement, and financial need.
• African American graduating senior from Brush High School
• Financial need
• Plan to major in English or English Language Arts, and to pursue a career in teaching
• Plan on attending an accredited nonprofit educational institution
Application Method: Guidance office, Brush High School
Selection Process: Selection decisions are based on academic achievement, community involvement, and financial need.
Award Info: The award amount will be based on the performance of the fund and number of applicants selected. Award will be paid directly to the institution and must be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and/or equipment required for coursework.
Awarded Student Requirements:
1. Maintain full-time enrollment status
2. Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA
3. Continue to pursue English/English Language Arts major
4. Provide a one-paragraph update
5. Continue participation in College Now’s mentoring program
Renewal: This award has historically been renewable for a maximum of 4 total years provided the student meets the scholarship requirements and funding remains available.